SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is not only gaining popularity and use, but it has become much more complex than ever before. One major change that has occurred recently is consolidation of three areas of activity. Those areas are voice, visual, and vertical search.
Here are some tips you can use to market in all three of these areas.
Voice Search Tips
With the increasing use of voice-enabled technology, marketers must be sure that their sites can be found in voice-based searches.
Here’s what you can do to help.
- Use structured data to its fullest extent to help accommodate the general searches people make when using voice search.
- Use local search optimization to ensure that your business can be found by local searchers and in local directories.
- Think about users’ convenience and ensure that consumers get what they need right away.
- Think about your brand voice and ensure that your content matches your brand voice in all elements of your content.
Visual Search Tips
With Pinterest and Instagram as major players in social media, many searches are visually-focused. People want to see the information instead of just reading about it.
Here’s what you can do to participate in visual elements of content.
- Optimize your images according to best practices so your content shows up in search results.
- Use an image XML sitemap to provide more information about your images to search engines.
- Make images a major part of your online presence to adapt to changes in the image search algorithms.
- Think about your brand image so that your brand voice and your brand’s visual presence align.
Vertical Search Tips
Search engines allow consumers to visit sites that meet their immediate needs, which has led to segmentation of verticals based on those needs. Here are some tips to provide a starting place for vertical search content.
- Analyze all available data so you know exactly what your consumers want and need and you can align your brand to those needs.
- Learn about ranking factors so you know what content is needed and how it is evaluated.
- Tailor content to each platform so it matches the needs of target demographics that use each platform and to reduce duplicate content.
- Be consistent across platforms so that everything you provide aligns with your brand voice.